JINsoon: Epidote


It's the dreaded Monday~ I can assure you that my inner Garfield is not pleased at all.

Today, I have a new-to-me brand to share with all of you - JINsoon! Sounds familiar? Yup, it is the nail polish line from the Choi Jin Soon, well-known and highly sought after celebrity and editorial manicurist! Crowned the "Nail Guru" by The New York Times Magazine, Jin Soon is known for her ability to pinpoint current and emerging trends and translate them into the art of nail design. In 2012, she launched her own nail polish line comprising a range of 5-free polishes formulated with high-tech polymers and resins to ensure a glossy finish and long wear. Not only that, it also includes UV filters to prevent the colours from yellowing and fading.


I had the privilege of catching a glimpse of some of the JINsoon polishes during my last trip to Vedure and I must say they really stood out from the rest of the polishes on display with their chic packaging. As some of you may already know, I am a sucker for square nail polish bottles because they are so much easier to store as compared to other bottle shapes. Needless to say, the colours were classy and sophisticated - I certainly expected no less from a celebrity manicurist like Jin Soon! ;)

Amongst the JINsoon colours available at Vedure, Epidote (pictured) caught my eye with its gorgeous duochrome colours:



Epidote. 2 thin coats.

A rich glowy green that shifts to a beautiful hue of reddish brown. A perfect colour for fall although, given the duochrome-lover I am, I wouldn't hesitate to wear it any time of the year. I especially love how the shift in this is very strong and pronounced ♥

At the first coat, Epidote appears to be slightly sheer but it reached opacity very quickly by the second coat. No layering required for this.

Application was buttery smooth. The formula of Epidote had a wonderful consistency that wasn't thick or runny (as some duochromes may be) at all. The brush (pictured above) is similar to the pro-wide brushes of OPI but slightly stiffer and did not fan out as much but not difficult to control either.

So what do you think of Epidote?
I must say I really love how luscious the colour is. The rest of the Fall 2013 collection are equally gorgeous and I can't stop drooling over them. ♥_♥

JINsoon is available on their website. For Singaporeans, JINsoon is also available at Vedure at Robinsons Orchard (Heeren), Level 1. PLUS, Vedure is having a huge promotion on their polishes and is offering up to 20% discount in the month of March if you print and present this flyer! What are you waiting for? ;)

Apart from their ongoing promotion, I am pleased to announce that Vedure is also sponsoring a GIVEAWAY for you, my readers!

Three lucky winners will each walk away with one JINsoon colour of their choice! 

All you have to do is to share your favourite JINsoon colour on Twitter or Instagram and say why it is perfect for you! Remember to tag Vedure (@veduremb on Twitter OR @vedure on Instagram) in your post and hashtag #JSVedure ! You should also keep your profile public so we can view your entries. This giveaway is open to participants in Singapore only and will end on Monday, 24 March 2014, 9am SGT.

Good luck!! ;D

 photo xoxo_zpsaad7ebe5.png

**Products were provided for our honest review. Please see our disclosure policy for more information.**

6 comments:

 

Instagram

Categories