New & Upcoming Collections for Fall / Winter / Holiday 2013!



Happy August!
Gosh time really flies, doesn't it? Just a few minutes ago, I chanced upon some press releases on new collections and it hit me that I had completely neglected to keep up to date with the developments in the nail world! Now that is simply unbecoming of a nail polish addict, right? So... how about another TPW bumper round-up post for your weekend indulgence? ;)

OPI Fall 2013: San Francisco 

source
San Francisco by OPI brings street chic style with West Coast flair to nails and toes for Fall/Winter 2013. This new collection features a palette ranging from sky and sea-colored hues of blues and gray to reds, burgundies and browns inspired by some of the city’s most iconic elements – Chinatown, the Golden Gate bridge and the Embarcadero.
Many of you would have seen swatches of this collection floating around. Very standard fall colours that are strong and rich. Some metallic ones (too frosty for my liking, some crellies (yup, they sure did catch my eye), some liquid sands and even a duochrome (Peace & Love & OPI).
My picks would be Alcatraz, Keeping Suzi at Bay, In the Cable Car-Pool Lane and maybe Lost on Lombard... Still considering the rest ;)

Zoya Fall 2013: Cashmeres & Satins

source

Oh those cremes are killing me. I don't know what got into me but I am all for cremes these days. Make them in dark rich colours and you've got my heart. The satins are in metallic finish which some of you may like - I don't really like this finish but I have to admit the colours are looking really rich and glowy.
No surprise that I am eyeing Hunter (dark sea creme), Pepper (brick red creme), Sailor (dark navy creme) and Flynn (camel brown nude creme).

Zoya PixieDust for Fall 2013

source
Ahhhhh... I die for Carter.

China Glaze: On the Horizon

This free-spirited specialty collection introduces six unique lacquers using interwoven matte particles to create a feathered finish. The multi-coloured palette features both bright and earthy tones, reminiscent of the sky at dawn and dusk. Achieve opacity with two coats, or layer over a complementary base color for a fresh, colorful manicure.
Bar glitters! From what I gather, this is either a strong yay or a nay. I am not a fan of bar glitters - awkwardly hairy. But I have to give it to China Glaze for coming up with an interesting mix of colours.

China Glaze Fall 2013: Autumn Nights

source
Metallics, shimmers, foils and two cremes. Not usually a fan of the metallics but the colours look really rich. I do like the look of Goldie but Goodie and Rendezvous with You. 

Essie Fall 2013: For the Twill of it

source
source
For the Twill of It... it does remind me of OPI's Peace & Love & OPI, no? The rest of the colours look extremely comfy and perfect for fall/winter. Of these, I am loving Vested Interest. After School Boy Blazer did catch my eye initially but it looks a little too close to black on the swatches I've seen.

Orly Fall 2013: Surreal

(Launch Date: September 2013)
source
source
A very interesting dreamy fall collection I must say. Except for the dark teal, none of the colours look like the standard fall fare. Leaving that aside, I must say the shimmers really do look delicate and surreal. I will have to see swatches before deciding though. 

Color Club Fall 2013: Girl About Town

source
[L-R: Silver Lake, Williamsburg, East Austin, The Uptown, Wicker Park, Pearl District]
You should know which colour caught my eye - that duochrome flakie in a purple base looks absolutely stunning. I hardly use flakies but The Uptown sure does make me feel like putting them on again. 

China Glaze Fall/Winter 2013: Monsters Ball

(Launch Date: October 2013)
source
source
[L-R: Howl You Doin', Bat My Eyes, Boo-Gie Down, Fang-tastic; Bump in the Night (texture)]
Monsters Ball. I really do love this collection for its presentation. The names... the artwork (yup by Abigail Larson again! I am really loving her style ♥)... I am not good at describing but it does look like a whole bunch of classy fun. As for the colours, my eyes are drawn to Howl You Doin' and Bat My Eyes.

China Glaze Winter 2013: Crinkled Chrome

(Removed from post on request as collection is not finalised)

Essie Winter 2013: Shearling Darling

(Launch Date: TBA)
source
Hmmm that luscious shimmery red. I hope it doesn't disappoint. I am also loving that pastel blue/grey.

Essie Holiday 2013: Luxeffects

(Available: November 2013)
source
Thanks to Tavia of Chic Profile (honestly, her blog has the latest news of everything! I love it ♥), I came to know of Essie's Holiday collection. If some of the polishes look familiar, it is because you have already seen them before! Almost everything except Sparkle On Top and Jazzy Jubiliant have already been released previously.

Orly Holiday 2013: Secret Society

source
[L-R: Lavish Bash; Voyeuristic Adventure; What's the Password; Masked Ceremony; Macabre Masquerade; Risque Encounter]

I've seen some swatches floating around for this collection as well. I love Masked Ceremony. Macabre Masquerade caught me by surprise (really you ought to check out the swatches) and I am most curious about Lavish Bash.

China Glaze Holiday 2013: HoliGlaze

(Launch Date: November 2013)


source
[T - texture; G - glitter; A - aluminium]
Last but not least... a holiday collection by China Glaze! There wasn't much information I could find about this so most of what I know is from Rica. She has swatches here! Bells will be Blinging, This is Tree-mendous, Put A Bow on It and All Wrapped Up look promising. Apart from these, there will also be a Colour Travel Top Coat that is said to create an iridescent effect - shimmer top coat perhaps? We'll see ;)

OPI: Mariah Carey Holiday Collection

source
Oops. Can't believe I left out this one. Another collaboration with Mariah Carey with some real gorgeous pretties and some really interesting shades within. My eyes are drawn to those hella sparkly glitters and the nudish liquid sands - so so good. urgh. I need them. 

China Glaze: Sea Goddess

(Removed from post on request as collection is not finalised)


Phew! That was a long post! I hope I did not miss anything out - do feel free to drop me a note below to let me know if I did!

And now, for the grand finale: Which colours caught your eye? :D


 photo xoxo_zpsaad7ebe5.png

20 comments:

  1. I saw a collection by china glaze called sea goddess? I think. I've only seen it on one site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this!! I'll pick some pieces from most of the collections :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a few things caught my eye! I'm excited to start seeing swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Essie: For the Twill of It caught my eye initially but I think it's pretty similar to Catrice Iron Mermaiden or Barry M Silvery Lilac which I have already. I have China Glaze Howl You Doin' on my wishlist already, but I love that they've done an official collab with Abigail Larson after the whole 'Wicked' debacle! I have to admit I'm not wowed by many of them, usually the Halloween/Christmas collections are my favourites - will have to wait until I see swatches :)x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't seem to find it :( Do you perhaps have a link to the site?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're most welcome! The collections look really exciting indeed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. me too!! Can't wait for swatches! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, it is quite a popular duochrome shade! I've read somewhere that it is a dupe for the OPI SF duochrome too.
    And I have to agree - I love that they collaborated with Abigail Larson after that! I thought they handled the incident rather well on the whole. ^_^
    I loveeee halloween collections too!! I sure hope they don't disappoint this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was on a site called esmaltaradas dated 17th July

    ReplyDelete
  10. The 2 Orly collections. I love their stuff - each collection has such a range of finishes and colors, I end up getting all 6 each time! Any my interest is peaked with the China Glaze Sea Goddess collection, and the Crinkled Chromes...I think I really need to see those on someone's fingers before I make a decision.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see actual swatches of all of them! But I've gotta say that even though I love textured polishes, the crinkled chrome just looks wrong to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I really do like how Orly includes a range of finishes so that there is something for everyone! :D
    As for the China Glaze collections, I am also most curious about them. I can't wait for swatches of these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol! I am definitely holding back on the crinkled chromes until swatches persuade me otherwise ;P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can add the Essie Holiday 2013 Luxeffects collection which contains 4 repromote colors and 2 new ones and will become available on 1 November. I posted it about it on my blog a while ago. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories