OPI: Germany Collection Fall 2012

Good morning everyone!
Sorry for the slightly late post today. I had been a swatching machine yesterday during the day (swatched more than 10 polishes in a sitting before attempting some nail art) and ended up rushing to complete an assignment in the evening. Hmm... yea I think I may have a problem with my priorities. :et  On the bright side, this probably means that you will be in for some swatch candies this week! ;)

Let's start off with some of my picks from the OPI Germany Collection for Fall 2012!
It has been a while since I've gotten myself some OPI but this collection really reminded me why I love OPI so much.


My Very First Knockwurst. 2 coats.
A beautiful light tea rose pink. I wouldn't ordinarily go for this color but I love that it is slightly dusty-looking. It is a few shades darker and slightly more beige in real life. Demure looking without sacrificing feminine chic - perfect shade for work and play. <3


Nein! Nein! Nein! Ok Fine! 2 coats.
A dark grey with a very strong green hue. Depending on the lighting, it looks more grey or green. A very chic and sophisticated color. Makes me feel a step closer to being on Forbes list of most influential women. I like. 8)



Every Month is Oktoberfest. 2 coats.
*swoon* Now this is exactly why I love OPI. A stunning inky purple filled with red/gold shimmer. It is just drop-dead smolderingly sexy. :L

I apologize for the blurry pics above, I took a ton of pictures and they all turn out blurry - either my camera was spasming at that awesomeness or I was actually trembling with excitement. I promise I will re-swatch it again.  >.<
The first picture shows how it looks indoors - dark with glowy shimmery center and flashes of purple at the sides. Yup, you can see the purple base even without strong lighting!
The second picture shows more of the gorgeous purple base under indirect light.

When I first saw the bottle, it reminded me of another OPI favorite of mine - Royal Rajah Ruby. So I decided to pull it out to do a brief comparison.

(L-R): OPI Royal Rajah Ruby and Every Month is Oktoberfest
Very similar in the bottles but if you look carefully, you can spy swirls of inky purple in Oktoberfest, especially near the top of the bottle.


Ahh.. finally a clearer picture of Oktoberfest! Now, do you see why I love it!? :L :L

Ok, back to the comparison...
RRR and Oktoberfest are clearly different on the nails. Both are full of vamp and glowy goodness but if I really have to choose between these two (heaven forbid), I will go for Oktoberfest. I really love how the shimmer looks against the inky purple. <3

The formula and application for these were really good. Smooth, even coverage with just 2 coats. Just the way I like it.

So what do you think of the Germany collection? Which ones did you get?
p.s. I didn't get German-icure because it looked really similar to Royal Rajah Ruby but apparently they are not dupes either. You can check out comparison swatches here.

xoxo,
mich

23 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely swatches! <3 I really like My Very First Knockwurst, so pretty. How would you say it compares to Steady as She Rose?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying really hard to resist this collection but there are so many beautiful shades, think I will be caving on payday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Camila! I don't have Steady as She Rose myself but going by the swatches I see online, SASR seems to be more lilac-grey. MVFK is a darker pink with beige I would say :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Emma! I'm glad you like it too! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Stef!! That means a lot coming from you! <33

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing!!! Swatching 10 in a day! Love the RRR to EMIO comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choice! I'm wearing EMIOF now and I just love it so much! It's the perfect color for fall, I'm so feeling in the mood for this kind of polishes at the moment! only complaint: I don't want to take it off!
    I also love MVFKW. It's a suble and perfect shade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, thanks for the info! :) I usually stay away from pinks because they make me look really tanned, but I have been considering Knockwurst. Looks like I'm going to have to go and see it in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! I don't usually go for them for the same reason but this one is not that bad because it is dark enough not to make me look washed out. You should definitely go take a look if you have the time :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha it's my first time going on a swatchathon and my cuticles didn't really like it after a while lol! Glad you like the comparison though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally agree!! They are so pretty and perfect for this time of the year! :D I can see myself wearing them a lot, especially EMIO! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. hahaha I totally know how you feel! I tried to resist them when they came out but I caved in not long after lol! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you!! I'm glad you like them! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks absolutely amazing, want them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you like them too!! They are such pretty colors for fall <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great swatches and great job! I love this collection <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww thank you Karo!! <3 I love it so much too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've just tried to photograph Germanicure and Every Month is Oktoberfest for the first time and it's been ridiculous. Impossible even! Thanks for decent photos of Oktoberfest:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. German Manicure is totally different to emio! German manicure has an almost bronzed orange hue to it when applied! I have both and yes the do look exactly the same in the bottles but are nothing alike

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories