Orly: Fantasea

Bonjour fellow lacquerheads! :))

Today, I have for you my first Orly - Fantasea!


I am sure many of you would have seen swatches of this beauty online. The minute I saw that it has pink, purple and gold, I had to have it. I am such a sucker for duochromes.


Here's the purple...


Here's the rose gold...


Unfortunately I couldn't get a good shot of the pink that's in between so you will have to take my word for it. It's gorgeous!

Some picture spam of the colour shift:





Side views...



Isn't it pretty? A very soft, dreamy colour... very aptly named Fantasea, although I must admit I have no idea why it's "fanta-sea" and not just "fanta-sy".

Formula-wise, it is very smooth and slightly streaky on the first coat and extremely sheer. I can't remember whether this was two or three coats but you can still see some VNL at certain angles. I apologize for not adding another coat but, as amazing as it may sound, I did not notice the VNL until I've uploaded the pictures! >< I promise to re-swatch this one day!

Since this is the first time I am using Orly, I was pleasantly surprised by the brush. The rubberized handle was quite a magnet for dust but it feels comfortable in the hand. The brush itself was thinner than OPI's pro-wide brushes but it was easy to control. I did not have to do any clean ups.

As usual, Orly is not available in any Singapore stores so I literally had to hunt for it. Thankfully, I managed to find one on Nail Vibe and I immediately snapped it up. Now, before any of you rush to the website, it is OOS (out of stock) at the time of this post! I am not too sure whether this colour is discontinued. I can't seem to find it on Orly's website. =\

Hmm.. The more I look at this, the more I think I should re-swatch it with one more coat and try to capture the pink. Since I'm at it, I think I will also try layering with this polish. Any layering suggestions or any layering combinations you would like to see?

xoxo,
mich

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colour! It's a pity Orly can't be found in Singapore. Here in Hong Kong we have a shop that sells most of the major polish brands - OPI, Essie, Orly, China Glaze, Jessica, Zoya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya! You're so lucky! I find myself tearing my hair out each time I see a polish I want to buy because they are hardly available in Singapore shops. Thankfully there are e-tailers carrying some of these polishes! Yay to online shopping! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's named Fantasea as fantasy + sea :)
    reminds of sunset at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh you're right! Why didn't I think of that?! *facepalm* 

    ReplyDelete
  5. it happens)) i've spent a long time figuring out OPI lucerne-tainly marvellous)

    ReplyDelete

 

Instagram

Categories